for whom the bells tolls


John Donne (1572-1631), Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions, Meditation XVII: Nunc Lento Sonitu Dicunt, Morieris:
"Perchance he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill, as that he knows not it tolls for him; and perchance I may think myself so much better than I am, as that they who are about me, and see my state, may have caused it to toll for me, and I know not that.
...
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."
...... In the film based in Ernest Hemingway~s betseller , in context to the events in 1943 in Europe, it shows how democracy is going to work after the terror is defeated, taking also those into account who are erratic and cowardly . And it asks the question for consideration between betrayal and solidarity, love and necessity.....






Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Credo del oficial de Marina

Quien es Nilda Garre?

Venta de Estancia El Cóndor, de Luciano Benetton, en 38 millones de dólares.